1. The first intercollegiate football game
was played between which two teams?
2.From what well-known English game did
American-style football evolve?
3. Which Yale graduate (Class of 1880) is
generally recognized as the Father of American Football?
4. What famous play, since outlawed, became
the sensation of collegiate football in 1892?
5. Which college team first drew national
attention to the possibilites of the forward pass?
6. How wide is a regulation football field?
7. In what year was the first Rose Bowl game played?
8. What sobriquet did sportswriter Grantland Rice
make famous folowing Notre Dame's victory over
Army in 1924?
9. Name a former All-American halback who
later became a U.S. Supreme Court justice.
10. Who won the first Super Bowl game?
11. What coach made famous the phrase
"Run to daylight"?
12. Who was the first coach to use the
Football Sports Quiz Trivia Answers
Web Site Sports Football Shrine to the Dallas Cowboys
The Dallas Morning News:
Sports Day Football ~Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl Titles
Dallas Cowboys Chat Room
BACK TO MAIN HOMEPAGE
Silk Stockings Cocktail Piano Bar
and Bartenders Happy Hour Funny Jokes
Sports and more!